Monday, October 12, 2009

Look at Me, Still Talking When There's Science to Do. When I Look Out There, It Makes Me Glad I'm Not You.

Ok. Today was just kind of a lost day. It both sucked and was awesome at different parts, but it doesn't really matter because I'd already specified it as a homework day weeks ago, so I wasn't expecting anything. I've got a couple things due tomorrow, one being a 5 page paper. So I was writing that all evening.

My procrastination today went as follows. I woke up at 1:30 and then web surfed for probably 90 minutes. Then I walked over to A8 China and got some beef w/ snow peas. Do not get beef at A8 China... (we'll get to why)
So then I got back and talked to Nick for a few minutes and we decided to watch Community while we ate Chinese. One and a half episodes in, after I'd already put my food back, I got really nauseous. Then puked really uncomfortable a half hour later. But after that I felt okay all day, just a little weak. Still... NOT COOL.

So then I actually got to work, which consisted of watching this 1949 gangster movie White Heat. And reading this article on gangster films. So then with a 5 page paper looming over me, Nick and I decided it would be best to go to Jimmy John's for dinner. So we got back with our food and then Greg got back so we watched Away We Go (I know. Strange move on the part of the guy with the paper to write. But whatever. It was just as brilliant this time as when I saw it in theaters, and the guys really liked it.) Then I wrote my paper starting at like... 11? It took 4ish hours with breaks and all that. Not bad methinks.

Ok so that's the boring homework recap. Sorry. Its just what happened and I have to write something because I actually failed to blog for the first time yesterday.............. :( I suck.

---------------------------------

So although Nick already gave a bit of an overview of the weekend's events, I'm gonna do the same but stray a little from mocking Greg mercilessly and describing the Bierstick in great detail, so I think our content will be separate enough to be readable.

We went out with great (and partially overlapping) groups both nights this weekend. Friday, Drew, as well as my new friends Brittany, Em, and Bo came over to hang out and break in Nick's new Bierstick (See Intentionally Tactless for details). They are all wonderfully fun to hang out with. So yeah, I tried the Bierstick and it was really cool. Then I learned how to shotgun a beer and I don't think I'll ever stop doing that now. Both reaaally cool ways to drink a beer really fast!
Also, I was given some "apple pie" earlier that day, and I don't know if there's a more delicious drink. And it's Everclear. I gave Brittany some of that as well because she didn't feel like drinking beer anymore or something, but she's since decided I'm a horrible person for offering it to her because it ended up making her really sick. (But she knew what she was getting into when I offered it to her, and I'm standing by my choices!)

Soooo after that we went to Karaoke Kid to get our sing on! And we met up with Marie and Andrew! ALSO AWESOME PEOPLE! So I did a couple sake bombs there and I will choose to get specific instead of just saying they were awesome.
Basically, Nick's first sake bomb went as follows. The group of 5 or so girls that were sitting next to he and I as we did the bombs were cheering for us as we chanted and drank. But the only problem was that Nick's shot REFUSED to drop off the rock solid, immobile chop sticks that bitch of a bartender must have given him. So instead he got frustrated and impatient and just pushed the shot in. To which the girls responded "CHEEEAAATER!!!" and it was obnoxious, but they were girls so what was Nick supposed to do but take it?
Then when we did the bombs with Marie and Andrew, Marie's tiny little arms somehow found the strength of a giant for a split second. Because I did my chant and drank my bomb again but when I looked up, Marie's was just GONE! So I looked at her all astonished, but it turned out she had somehow flipped her glass ALL THE WAY over! (I blame resonance) So it went all over and the bartender got her a new one. Which she proceeded to drink at a snail's pace. All was right with the world again.
And then after sake bombs, Andrew introduced me to a drink which he referred to as, I kid you not, an alien secretion. Because it was green and looked like it had come out of a minimum of one alien orifice. It was essentially pineapple, coconut, and melon though, so it was like most delicious drink of the week in my book (except maybe for the apple pie).

The night gets blurrier after here for me. We went to Brats, but I've been trying to figure out why for days now. I'm sure it was to find someone's friends or something.
But whilst there, Brittany started talking up her own skills as a wingman, and I must have made a doubtful comment or something because soon after she was suddenly my wingman and we were scanning the bar for cuties 0_O. Turns out Brittany is not an amazing wingman. There are worse, I'm sure, but it pretty much consisted of her telling one girl that I thought she was cute, and then panicking and chickening out on the next girl I targeted. So then that was over.

And on to Paul's! From which Nick and Joe (who we met there) stole glasses. Not tons else to say about that.

Then Nick and I got Fat Sandwich while Marie and Andrew got Taco Bell and everyone else abandoned us. So we went back to our apartment, at our food at the counter, and said out farewells. Good night. Excellent company.

-----------------------------------------------------
Saturday we saw Zombieland!!!!
Go see it.
It IS awesome.
And that one girl is very cute/hot.
So, tons of extremely gruesome and ridiculous zombie kills. Lots of cursing. Lots of carnival rides.

















But that wasn't even the best part of the day, for next came Hipsters vs. Bros!!! I certainly wasn't the most convincing hipster there, but I held my own. And I did a ton of flirting somehow. It was mostly Bierstick propaganda, but it was still extremely fun.
Plus the pictures of me from last night are the first pictures I've liked of myself in months. Maybe its the extra beard, or the disheveled hair. Or the general wrinkled look of my clothes?! No idea. Just good photos going on.
Sooo I did like 4 Biersticks all night and once I was done drinking, I ended up doing a little harmless cuddling and it was a great night.




...And the most shocking part of the weekend is that I didn't get at all sick until I ate bad beef long after all the crazed partying and injecting beer into my stomach at least 5 times......

I'll talk about something relevant tomorrow. I hope.

-------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. this post was truly excellent. I will say the screenshot of the day was most jarring. well played. i wouldn't say i mocked him MERCILESSLY! I mean, he DID keep coming up, but I did clarify that i still respected him, AND that he was very helpful in convincing other people to 'reach for the stars' as it were.

    ReplyDelete