Thursday, October 1, 2009

I loved you, Guinevere, I loved you Guinevere, I loved you.

I'm sort of doubtful that Ben had Keira in mind when he wrote that line,
but what the hell. That was an awesome movie and
this is an awesome song.



I had something AWESOME to blog about earlier. But then I decided not to make a note of it and totally forgot within the hour. Fail...

That being said. I love coins. Especially dimes and British pounds. I'm pretty sure this trait comes from my dad. I get a lot of my weird little quirks from him. But I think my dad's awesome and very much somewhere along the lines of how I want to end up when I'm a dad. So I like liking coins.

Seriously! A dime is just this thin little wafer of metal. It's so light that it seems more like something you should be eating by the handful rather than counting out and trading in for much bigger objects. (Though I also think it's very cool that the latter is possible as well.)

And in England, coins get used so much more often and are worth so much more! If you have a pocket with some coins rattling around in it, you could go into a bookstore, grab a book, pull the coins out of your pocket (possibly in a pouch!), slam them on the table, and they'd let you leave with the book, and probably even some of your coins! It seems so Victorian or something - to be trading circular metal pieces for a merchant's goods. Like doubloons or ducats. (No, not Victorian pirate gold. Those were two separate thoughts.) Not to mention how there are a bunch of sweet designs on the British pounds and it's fun, albeit expensive, to collect them. Really expensive if you consider the pound to be worth like $1.60 in general and there are plenty of them to collect, so even collecting like 8 would cost you like $13!

It was cold in Madison today. And it made me think of England as I was walking to class - the gray skies and rain-soaked sidewalks. The castle-design Vilas Hall may have played a part as well. But it made me feel less cold. After all, how will I ever survive living in the UK for any period of time if I let one chilly day in Madison affect me??

-------------------------------

I ended up mentioning in conversation today that I have a great appreciation for gothic style and arts. Seriously, if I thought I'd have any chance in hell of pulling off a successful gothica look, I would seriously consider it. But I don't think I quite fit the lifestyle that comes along with the
style. I simply admire it.


























Also, while I do find the goth look pretty attractive on girls, the main reason that 6 out of the 7 of these pictures are of females is that Google yields very few pictures of male goths for some reason. I'm pretty okay with it.
Oh also - You can't forget the Obligatory Goth Boots!



I've been taking note of the goths around campus for a while now. Some are awesome, while some just end up looking awkward. But the cool ones are like video game characters!!! I wish I knew some.

No. Not Joanna Newsom.




Oh and speaking of Andy Samberg. And SNL. And NBC:

There's this new show called Community and so far I think it is hilarious! Briefly described, it sounds like another one of NBC's sad fail attempts at Office-like large-cast humor, but actually comes out being something different. Something more. Check it out, cause I like it. But for now this post is OVARR!

----------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of Gackt he is cool.... have you seen his movie moon child? its pretty cool its all about vampires and what not.

    ReplyDelete